You can visit most of our sites without providing any personal information. When personal information is requested, we adhere to the following privacy principles regarding how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your information.
1. Information Collection. When you create an account directly through one of our sites, or register an account on one of our sites, add profile information, or take other similar actions, we may collect or obtain from you or your records (if applicable) information including, but not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, photo, contact and profile preferences.
2. Use of Personal Information.We may use the personal information you provide to (a) allow us to contact you, (b) fulfill requests you make, (c) seek your voluntary feedback on website features or content, or (d) help fulfill our mission. We may also use your personal information for internal purposes, including auditing, data analysis, system troubleshooting, and research. In addition, we may use both the personal information you provided and the information your web browser sends (see section 10 below) in order to detect users who appear to be causing harm to our sites or in order to personalize users’ experiences on our sites. If your information will be used for any purpose besides those outlined above, we will specifically inform you and obtain your consent, if legally required. From time to time, we may also make you aware of options to opt out of using or opt in to use certain features.
3. Content On some of our sites you may provide your own content and comments in selected areas. Some of your submissions are intended to be private and not viewable by others (for example, personal online notes, or similar). However, other content submissions may be intended to be publicly available and viewable by others (for example, written testimonials or online comments in selected areas of our sites). In instances where your content submissions will be made publicly available or shared with other third parties, we will ask for your express agreement either at the time you create a separate profile or at the time you upload content. We recommend that you use caution when providing content intended to be viewed publicly and that you avoid posting information that could cause harm or injury, or risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others. All types of content submissions you provide will be stored either on our systems or the systems of our affiliates or third parties. While industry standards are used to safeguard your submissions from unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee complete privacy and we may, in some instances, choose or be legally required to disclose such information to third parties. Though we are under no obligation to monitor your content submissions, we reserve the right to do so at our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to block or remove any content we deem inappropriate, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, defamatory, libelous, illegal, threatening, or otherwise objectionable, regardless of whether it was intended to be private or public. Since we do not review all content submitted through every feature on every site, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to take protective measures in the event you provide content disclosing information about a person who is a victim of harm or abuse or is at risk of becoming a victim of harm or abuse. When we become aware of content that we consider to be offensive or that could compromise the privacy of your personal or confidential information or that of another person, we will attempt to make a good-faith effort to block or remove such content.
4. Access. We endeavor to maintain the accuracy of personal information and rely on you to ensure your personal information is complete and accurate. You may verify, correct, or remove your personal information through your website-specific registration, or through your profile where applicable. If you experience problems with modifying or updating your personal information, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Upon receiving your e-mail message, we will do our best to provide you with a response within 30 days.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure. We regard your personal information as confidential and do not sell it to anyone. We do not share your personal information with other parties except in the following circumstances (or in other instances where we specifically inform you and obtain your prior consent):
Legal Requirements. We may access and disclose your personal information, posts, journal entries, online chats, personal notes, content, or other submissions to any website if we have a good-faith belief that doing so is required by a subpoena or other judicial or administrative order or otherwise required by law. Additionally, we may disclose your personal information and other information where we, in good faith, deem it appropriate or necessary to prevent a violation of our other agreements; to take precautions against liability; to protect the rights, property, or safety of the site, of any individual, or of the general public; to maintain and protect the security and integrity of our services or infrastructure; to protect ourselves and our services from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; or to assist government law enforcement agencies.
6. Protection of Information. We use technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information we receive against loss, misuse, and unauthorized alteration and to protect its confidentiality. We regularly review our security procedures and consider appropriate new security technology and methods. We also use current encryption technology to encrypt the transmission of data on our log-in pages. However, because we cannot guarantee the complete security of these encryption technologies, please use caution when submitting personal information online.
We do not knowingly collect information from children on most of our sites. We strongly recommend that minors under the age of 18 ask their parents for permission before sending any personal information to anyone over the Internet, and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe Internet use practices.
8. Third-Party Links. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any third-party sites. For your own protection, you should review the policies of other sites to ensure they meet your personal privacy expectations.